Search This Blog

Thursday 9 April 2009

This week I have mainly been in the shed..

Christ I'm getting a bit bored of post midnight finishes I seemed to have spent most this week doing nasty jobs,found another hole tonight that needed welding,and of course it was surrounded by 40 year old under seal rust and other crap,anyway jobs done on the 2000 MK1 this week-
  • Seam welded cover sills (these had been spot welded on by a previous owner I got told to seam weld them at the last MOT)- Ive resigned myself to the fact I will have to replace the sills within the next 18 months -certainly before the car has a safety cage fitted and gets any ideas of getting let out on a forest stage,the plan in the mean time is to get some road events under my belt again
  • Rebuilt the struts with new tops-on the RBR the insert nut came loose on the O/S
  • Strengthened set of tie bars ready to fit ARB
  • General under body maintenance -this involved getting covered in old undersodding seal welding up random holes hiding under said under seal , putting out burning old under seal,painting etc

Ive only the O/S inner arches and sill to do now,then I can get back to the nice jobs like suspension bolting back on,service and engine tune- oh I also stripped and clean the rocker shaft/rockers when I got hacked off with picking lumps of tar like under seal out of my hair earlier in the week

Ive also got a wheel / Tyre dilemma to sort out,more of that later

I would post some pictures up but buggeringbollocksbloggertoss.com is having an "error" uploading so I will post some when its Lucas moment has past

No comments: