Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 March 2013

Normal rubbish plus some other stuff-shed fillers,faded georgian grandeur bashing etc

This weeks stuff...

Since my last post its been quite a successful week or so for society ,another lying politician banged up along with his politically powerful ex wife - why didn't he just take his ban -twat- I am sure he could  have afforded a chauffeur,he deserved a driving ban and by rights should have to do one when he comes out of nick-he will need to be transported as he wont be able to walk after 8 month of prison showers.
Its a shame it wasn't the Ace and King in my pack of cards of political couples being put  behind bars- but I am sure their time will come.
The other big plus point was that annoying twat Bieber has promised never to come back to the UK.

House bashing continues this weeks exercise has been trying not to fall through the kitchen ceiling as I repair the bathroom floor above -the joists have been cut about so badly by various bathroom butchers (plumbers)
This bit wasn't doing much

This is how I found it

New bits starting to go back in-pipe is the temporary HW feed to the Annex next door  so we can wash 
 
Lots more noggins and strengthening to carry on with to make sure the kitchen table doesn't end up wearing the bath,hot water cylinder and wood burner we are planning for the bathroom-on the plus side taking up the old floor makes for easy fire wood- I don't even have to go outside to cut and collect it,all though you have to be careful sending small children up there  foraging that they don't end up on the kitchen table- it was sheer luck the 8 year old dint go through when he came to "help me" on Sunday afternoon

If the house is an an example of faded georgian grandeur there is now some matching faded 70s grandeur in the shed- the  Rover P6 finally making its Journey down from Cumbria, Gary (http://www.vanmancumbria.co.uk/)
and my Nephew made the trip down braving the snow storms and Burger King ques -Gary provides an excellent car transporter service and loves his classic cars so can highly recommend him. 
 The Rover was better than I remember very original and unmolested only one owner since 1975,my plans are to get it through an MOT as soon as I can,get some miles on the "Flying Turf" (This is what homer has started to call it rather than "Brown Turd") suss out what needs doing then swap the Auto box for a manual unit in readiness for our jolly boys trip in September to Nice

The lads stayed here the night...
it was a good job they didn't need to get away till after lunch the next day

Turf being loaded 




Turf being unloaded at Shedtune HQ



I've also had the pleasure of a website salesman from the the US trying to flog a website service- I have taken up there offer of 30 day trail - this wont last- I will revert to the £4.99 Lidl version after the 30 days is up-anyway I don't think he really understood the "Shedtune" irony -the effort they posted up had people in flash overalls clean hands, shaved faces looking under the bonnets of pristine cars ! hmm took me about 30 seconds to get rid of that bollocks and replace it with my own efforts...have a look

http://s460753806.initial-website.co.uk/

Bloody hell look at the time ... I'm off 




No comments: