Search This Blog

Monday 15 April 2013

Getting up early ,back to "normal" ...bollocks

 I needed to get up early...

Mainly to have time to wash and get pack lunches and small people ready for school, and my self ready for intergration with grown up people-hence the wash- so after setting two alarms on the Samsung "six day phone" -see previous comments on my theory regarding Samsung's perception of time -one of them managed to wake me in time for "back to work" routine -well back to" going to a place of work" where other grown ups go - I was quite looking forward to seeing if I could in fact interact with grown ups rather than constantly discussing why cows don't fly with my 3 year old Son - I have to explain it is in fact bird poo on the car windscreen- not cow poo from overhead-he isn't convinced, claiming that it smells of cow poo,even after I point out that the whole area smells of cow poo due to the fact we live in boonie land, where farmers tow big trailers of poo (normally using his favorite red tractors) spraying it over great swathes of land as the weather has been so "cow poo" that the poor cows haven't been allowed outside for a year or so for fear of drowning, or if lucky freezing to death,the standard response to my answers is  "why Daddy?" and so it goes on.. hence why I was looking forward to non "why Daddy" conversation this week.
Unfortunately I will have to wait as the work I am wanted for is on a temporary contract basis  in the public sector as you know the Government has wisely diverted  resources to cover bankers bonuses rather than mending stuff that could save money- so hence  it needs to be tick boxed at several inappropriate high levels across the organization before I can start -I had a sneaky suspicion this may happen and phoned ahead to see if the OK had been given to start, the conversation with my potential team leader made me laugh-
 "Sorry mate it looks like starting next week, David is just off to see Angela Merkel to ask if he can sign the authorization"

Not to worry Ive got plenty to be doing here, so after pouring fresh coffee over myself when the handle fell off the sodding cafeteria

 I ended up helping Dave and Ade being a third pair of hands balancing on a scaffold plank (I was allocated the plank after being told I was the youngest!) fixing full size sheets of plaster board to form the stairwell ceiling -you never know tomorrow we might loose the open plan first floor and have a bathroom wall again
 I also took the opportunity as it wasn't pissing down or blowing a -5  wind from the east to wash and clean out the Spitfire and take some decent pictures of it in an attempt to sell it without pimping it on eBay,something which means enduring 100 watchers, 50 unanswered (silly) questions,5 tire kickers, and 2 no shows that eBay attracts, and then when it does sell pay the dreaded listing fees,so Ive punted it in the free adds of the weekly classic car press and put it in the for "sale in the shed" section of www.shedtune.co.uk

As ever it fired up first time, the sun came out as I put the roof down -it was so tempting to go for a blast but I knew if  I did the ads would be deleted and I would be devising ways of keeping it whilst doing without a new bath, or ways of selling a kidney/child- to fund the other projects in the shed in need of my help.


This or a Kidney
Well time to set the alarm(s) - at least I don't have to get up as early- just pack lunches to make rather than wash- and to think I had ear,nose,and head hair cut in preparation for work..I hope dear old Angela can see me right before it grows back.
"Biggest nose hair Ive seen in years" 

No comments: