Search This Blog

Thursday 24 January 2013

Snow,Tescos car park,stupid phones,house bashing,old sheds into new etc etc

Well it snowed- so far I have managed to resist the urge to post pictures up on public forums,Facebook and the like of "little cutie doggies ahh bless "and "fluffy wuffy kitties" poncing about in the bloody stuff.
I have to admit I did take a photo of my 5 year old Daughter getting in a right strop after several volleys of compacted snow and ice hit her - she had challenged her Brothers to a snowball fight - I did explain that's why they are called snow ball "fights" - it will end just as just  that- rather than an idyllic Walt Disney snowy utopia of pleasant children frolicking in the snow, never getting cold and whinging as frost bite sets in,or as your 8 year old brother plants another "ice bomb" into your mush,speaking of which the little sod got one down the back of my neck whilst I was chopping wood ..least it didn't have a dog turd in it

I was excused from bloody bastard Ballet class this week my wife taking on the gauntlet of " Montessori" Mothers at the little angels dance school ,I instead had the gauntlet of Tescos -Tescos car park with snow on it,well only on one bit of it- the overactive trolley police in their lovely high viz jackets had obviously been instructed to clear the car park of as much snow as possible-I assume to prevent the Micra driving dodderers from pirouetting 360 degrees into parking spaces in an effort to stock up on half price fur lined velcro fastening beige shoes,the trolley mafia had piled all the available snow into the only available "Mother and baby" parking space (why mother and baby ? in these PC times it should be something like "Guardian and young person" parking- I would prefer something along the lines of "wide parking space so you can get the little sods in and out quickly without damaging the expensive car parked 2 mm next to you" space,any way much to the delight of my 8 year old son we mounted the said pile of snow in protest and parked on it -it is nice driving a 12 year old Land Rover Discovery sometimes

 Speaking of the Disco I had picked up a slow puncture in one of my less than a year old mud and snow tyres -turned out to be a big bloody screw through it,I thought I would have to buy a new tire but the local tire place said it could be repaired for half the price so it was "sent away" for special repair and I picked it up a week later good as new- well impressed £33 all in fitted balanced up etc

Also this week I moved the "Cairo Taxi" - 1967 Triumph 2000 Mk1 into the new shed - it had been stored under an old "lean to" for the last 18 months,it felt really good washing all the crap of it - even though it was bloody freezing outside - I filled my mind with all the great times I have had in the car, and all the future adventures I plan to have in it - eventually it will be receiving its original 1967 spec MK1 engine (its running 2.5 mk2 at the moment) the aim is to have it back up to spec in time for Club Triumphs 2014 Round Britain Reliability Run, after that I want to do some local or HRCR road rallies in it -the last one I did was back in 2005 -where do the years go?





On the house bashing front I finally stripped the remaining room (of this  phase of refurbishment) of plaster,  ceilings and walls  - shitty job handballing over 25 bags of plaster rubble (just today) down the stairs and out the house on my own ,it can get a bit soul destroying at times -so that's 3 rooms out of action, one of them being the main house bathroom -good job I didn't brick up the doorway from the main house into the Annex when I refurbished that bit,its an amusing race with the kids on the cold mornings sprinting next door for a slash
Bare walls and ceiling at last


Plenty of "Making Good" to be done before I call the plasterer  in

New joists in


I have to press on with the bathroom as I've been told in no uncertain terms I am not allowed in the shed until upstairs is "finished" the exact words being "you can loose months in the shed, no way your working on that P6 until the bathroom is finished... and the kitchen in the annex" humph good job I've got the Spitfire as back up for our trip "Nice pint 2013" (A drive across Europe to have a pint in Nice)-
So to cheer my self up this week I roughed up some route details and booked a Hotel for one of the stop overs

Other news from the shed? well I became aware of something called a "Nexus 4".Apparently its a phone that retails at £279, people are so keen to have one that they are paying £400 for them on ebay why ? what absolute madness- its a bloody phone -you could buy two good shed projects for that sort of money ,they wont ring you and make you talk to people,or frustrate you as your fingers are too fat to use the sodding thing,or make you go through hell and end up throwing the stupid bit of  tech rubbish across the room when you cant be arsed to remember the bolean algebraic sequence of commands needed just to turn the bastard thing on -only to listen to a message from some annoying twat selling PPI claim back.
Well I'm off to bed now, I've drunk far to much coffee and my electric cigarette needs a recharge ,the coffee will mean I will be doing the "slash sprint" in the middle of the night no doubt...bollocks

No comments: