Search This Blog

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Update

Some pictures of the Taxi sheds sump guard as requested by some at CT Well its been a busy couple of months The S6 snapped its serp belt which caused the timing belt to jump 3 teeth -oops I was a very lucky boy not to end up with mashed valves and pistons ,I was also very lucky no to have had the car floating out to sea! -let me explain After I replaced the serp belt the sod wouldn't start being full of electricity and not having fault code readers etc my local petrol head garage had to take over -they discovered that the timing had jumped and hence the cam position sensor and the crank position sensor were out of sync- anyway that night their garage was flooded by the freak hail storms that hit us-lucky for the S6 it was driven to safety at 3am in the morning whilst several other cars "went under" along with all the garage equipment - M.O.T computer ,ramps ,rolling road ,machine shop etc the lot ! Not expecting the S6 back for a while as it needed an MOT as well as cambelt I readied the Taxi for action- a daily 100 mile commute for my new job - it was a good excuse to tinker and test some ideas for the new filtered cold air intake design - I came up with a good heath Robinson solution-just need to make the finished version now,Ive bought the metal just need some shed time! I also fitted a huge heat shield which works a bloody treat and cost about 50p really pleasing shedtune stuff-hot tick over will now sit at 600 rpm and Ive almost got rid of the dreaded run on. Much to my amazement I rolled into the drive on Wednesday evening to find a shiny clean ,new cambelted and MOTed S6 delivered to my house! talk about great service Tipton Garage had been 4 ft underwater 5 days earlier I wasn't expecting it back for at least a couple of weeks Once the S6 was back I should have started making the new air box for the TAXI but became completely sidetracked by a shiny 123 distributor which is now fitted and had a good test today on the work run as my wife's 2.6 A6 was having its cam belt done -this time the garage didn't flood! I had lost a testicle in the cold servicing the A6 over the weekend and really couldn't be arsed loosing the other doing the cam belt so it went off to Tipton Garage whilst the kids made do with the S6 - the thing I missed most about the S6 today?... heated seats how sad is that?! I must be getting soft in my old age So the Shedtune fleet is all present an correct - Audi 2.6 A6 Avant -serviced MOTd and new cambelt Audi S6 Avant-New belts and MOTd-due a minor service which I will do myself Taxi 1967 2.5 MK1 2000- on carbs- suitably dirty but new shiny dizzy and heath Robinson air intake going really well at the moment 1973 2000 Estate -off the road waiting for me to shed it in the new year once I have collected all the bits I need which seem to be spread all over the country 1969 Bentley T1 -running well- electric windows playing up again-for sale if interested!?

No comments: