Search This Blog

Saturday 20 December 2008

"dickspeed" @ Halfords

After putting off fixing the windscreen rear view mirror on to my Wife's 94 A6 for several years I decided to nip into the Halfords opposite the Mc Donalds I was sitting in feeding my hangover ( Christmas "do" the night before ) and pick up the glue kit to needed to stick the mirror back on to the windscreen Once inside Halfords -glue kit located for a princely sum of £3.99 now the tricky bit in our local Halfords ,trying to pay for goods I stood at the counter for 5 minutes no one there no one came even though I had "eyballed" a member of staff- he seemed more interested in joining his spotty mates at the "dickspeed" display of faux drilled aluminium throttle pedals and over sized "nobbersport" Corsa wheels- an older lady was by now hanging around the Sat Navs asking me which one she should buy as she had also been unable to interrupt the "dickspeed" self abuse trio-I recommended the Tom Tom one but suggested she buy one from a store interested in taking her cash On this I decided to interrupt our trio of product "experts" and ask if I could pay for my goods as by now there was an ever increasing impatient family waiting for me in the car outside - inside which I was being accused of being more interested in shiny tools and having "done sod all "about getting organised for a family Christmas Spotty ring leader -indicated I assume by the back to front Halfords baseball cap- informed me to pay at the counter,I don't think he appreciated my sarcastic reply of "certainly if you show me how to use the till" I was then told as they were not very busy I could join the Que of pissed off looking customers and pay at the "parts counter" -no one was behind the parts counter taking payment as the older lady had finally got her man and was being "demonstrated" why she needed a £300 Sat Nav to put on the dash of her Micra on the weekly trip to Tescos I managed to tear spotty ring leader away from the blue anodised wiper blades but only once I had pointed the "parts counter" situation out with a decent level of hangover soaked sarcasim and a "I'm about to slap you" look in my eye Finally four quid lighter but up a tube of windscreen/mirror glue I went home and stuck the f***ing mirror on upsidesodding down......bollocks

No comments: