Search This Blog

Sunday 21 October 2012

Post RBRR

Today I took the stickers off unpacked all the spares and tools, cleaned out the food wrappers and other detritus that collects in a car that has had Homer and I in it for 2,000 miles.
Always a sad moment as you realise it will be awhile before you get to take part in a similar event - at least the stickers came off without making the dodgy paint work any worse
 In between giving the grass its final cut of the year and chopping half a ton of logs in preparation for the Baltic winter heading our way I found a decent working overdrive switch and wired that in -I still need an inhibitor switch -so have to double check I am out of OD before selecting reverse! I've a red l.e.d "tell tail" wired up just to remind me
I found a spare half an hour or so to take the kids out for a blast and give the car a test -its running great still, true a few little things need doing post RBRR -but I'm going to leave it as it is- ready and waiting in the shed to be used when ever I can
I like the post RBRR look complete with dirt and brake dust 



I've got a very busy few months coming up on the house renovation front so don't want to start taking the car to bits as well- I will need it for some therapy!

Thursday was my Birthday neighbour and fellow Triumph owner Warren turned up with some of this- conversation soon turned to shed plans and a plot was hatched to use Warrens land rover and a trailer  to bring back my old 2500TC (UGP840R) from London -I have yet to sort a deal out with Trellis but should all go ahead ok

My rough plans for the future look something like this

 2500 TC -Repair  using MK2 running gear on  my MK1

 MK1  restore as required to comply with pre 68 historics road rally spec etc  - so I will need some MK1 bits give me a shout if you have any up for sale or swapsies

Spitfire - keep running as is for as long as it will hold out!

2013 10CR - 2500TC (It took part on the first event in 2003)
2014 RBR - MK1 -pre 68 rally spec

No comments: