Search This Blog

Wednesday 9 November 2011

10cr Sheds and all that PART THREE-

 We spent the rest of the day tagging along with the Stag providing amusement for Sarah and Andy as I tried to get the Spitfire on 3 wheels Homer  holding on for dear life ,I was loving the handling really  pleased I rebuilt the suspension using the best bits I could afford -these cars are so much fun on a hairpin ,keep the engine revving and a standard 1500 does bloody well with two fat bastards and a boot full of spares to drag along,I had to keep telling myself to stop leathering the car so much as this year I had to make it last another day!
We decided to cut Stelvio with the aim of getting to Hotels before darkness and give ourselves a chance of enjoying the location and some relaxation,plus the fact Homer had left the directions to the hotel behind- all we had was a village name and the name of the Hotel,we found the village OK -it was on the side of a hill and consisted of very narrow cobbled streets almost medieval in feel and typical Italian Dolomites  ,I parked up the car and left Homer with his "Smart"phone trying to find the Hotel on Google earth or something -I don't know why they call them smart phones as he was calling his fucking stupid  - I found the Hotel using the old method of walking and looking,it was at the bottom of the sodding steep hill and I had to walk back up the sodding steep hill with only one knee working the other had  adopted the "spitfire" position ealier on in the day and I was walking like someone from  Leather Clad Fanatic Land
Hotel found, car tucked up in its personal space,room with a veranda overlooking the hills, pizza in tummy's and beer in  guts we were well happy -Homer even got a cash machine to work!
A COW

A STAG


BORDER CROSSING BREW UP

OUT OF LEATHER CLAD FANATIC LAND -at bloody last ,bloody Swiss anal bastards,get some proper fuel stations Christ  why do you want everything out of a sodding automatic machine... rant rant rant 









No comments: