Search This Blog

Thursday 4 June 2009

Jiggy Jiggy ....

Jiggy Jiggy-Jig made by lining up lengths of straight bar on the assembled sub frame and diff (off the car) welding to form a triangle with holes located to line up with the diff mounts at the rear and the sub frame mounts at the front...oh you know what I mean look at the picture speaks for its self!
This one speaks for its self in fact it shouts - a great shot of what I am up against -these are previous repairs made to the box section-theory not bad but execution bollocks look how skinny the metal is that's been used and they couldn't be arsed even to paint it afterwards let alone cut all the rust out
Above the jig in action helping me locate where the sub frame mount should be
Also can I say Bastard M5 and Bastard billsoddinggatesvista operating system -If it wasn't for those two I might have got more done this week instead of sitting on the M5 then having to waste an evening reformatting my lap top (I had everything backed up this time!)
Believe it or not I am not feeling so grumpy about the Stag
I have conceded that it wont be ready for the 10CR,and it will be a rewarding challenge just to get it back on the road ,grumpy that I let my heart rule my head when I bought it and grumpy that I let it get in the way of sorting the estate but never mind I will get there in the end
I'm looking forward to tinkering with the Taxi getting it ready for the 10cr,Its going to borrow the Stags front brakes for the run

No comments: